Point Reyes is hands down my favorite place in the bay area. We find ourselves going up at least once a month [only an hour drive from downtown SF], and it’s such a great escape. Some of my all-time favorite must-dos if you’re in the area include:
To eat & drink
- At least one Bloody Mary at the Old Western Saloon
- Yoga and/or Coffee at Toby’s Feed Barn
- Salmon Bites or picnic materials from Cowgirl Creamery
- Marin Sun Farms [butcher shop that also serves lunch]
- OYSTERS at either Hog Island or The Marshall Store [or both]
- Tule Elk Hike: tough, but you’ll see hundreds of Elk and beautiful coastline. My favorite hike in the bay area by far.
- Drakes head hike: this 9-mile hike is rewarding with a gorgeous view of the water at the end. We also saw otters, cow and coyotes.
- Madrone cabins – a fancy step up from camping
- Mankas Inverness Lodge [a splurge, but worth it for a special occasion]
- Kayak to camping – for the adventurous, this one was one of our favorite experiences in Tomales
- Nick’s Cove Cottages– right in the oyster scene
Love Kate’s Posts? Head over to her blog Life on Pine